Home » » Being Called Obese in Wii Fit - Offensive?

Being Called Obese in Wii Fit - Offensive?

First off, I want to mention that I'm pretty sure Nintendo has taken the word "Obese" out of Wii Fit, but in case I'm wrong, just let me know. You can comment on this article. Anyways, there was some controversy happening with regards to Nintendo using the word "obese" in Wii Fit. A lot of people were upset. A lot of people found it offensive.

My question is, well, is it offensive? I did some thinking on this issue, and really, it all boils down to how you look at it. Personally, I don't look at the word obese as offensive at all. You know, you see the word being used on television with such a negative connotation attached to it, so to speak. But obese is obese, period.

Look, Wii Fit is a fitness game. Yes, it's there to have fun, but let's face it, it's also there to get some exercise. Having played the game myself, I can say for certain that Wii Fit can make you break into a sweat. So, you know, if I'm playing Wii Fit and it tells me I'm obese, I would take a moment to consider what that could possibly mean with regards to my health. As a result, I would probably check out my health to make sure I'm fine.

Again, in my opinion, it all depends on how this whole situation is looked at. Personally, I don't think Wii Fit is there to poke fun at anyone. It's there to keep track of your health or weight, as best as it can, and at the same time, exercising while having some fun. So, what do you think? Agree? Disagree? Let me know in the comments section to this article, I'd be happy to hear.

Matteo H. loves to talk about video games. Check out this funny video regarding what it means to be called obese in Wii Fit. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Matteo_H.

Search :
Purchase Structured Settlements Mesothelioma Lawyers Secured Loan Calculator Secured Loans Insurance Auto car free insurance online quote students debt consolidation loans data recovery Denver adverse credit remortgages conference calling companies irs tax lawyers Personal Injury Lawyer Auto Insurance Instant Car Insurance Quote UK home owner loan Remortgaging buyer Structured Settlement Injury Lawyers homeowner consolidation loans Structured Settlement Consumer Info Arizona dui lawyers eloan mortgage Consolidation of Student Loan Student Loan Consolidation Calculator Bad Credit Home Equity auto insurance
Share this article :
 
Copyright © 2013. Games Console - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger